I have noticed a lot of my friends either pregnant and due soon, or who have already had a baby within the last few weeks; in fact my daughter’s teacher is due to have her first baby in a few weeks as well. All of these babies got me thinking- what a beautiful time of year to be having a baby! I mean, I love all the warm colours of the Fall season- all of the warm tones of reds, yellows, oranges, and gold are just stunning!
I was inspired by this Evite invitation to create a baby shower mood board for all of you expectant mamas; I just fell in love with how chic and beautiful this invitation is:
Isn’t it sooo pretty!!!! I love how timeless and classic the gold is, and the huge plus here is that this invitation is gender neutral!
There are so many reasons why I love Evite:
- They have a theme for every event and party
- Evite has TONS of designs to choose from, even some gorgeous Fall themed invitations!
- Evite’s motto is that Life is Better Together (#lifesbettertogether), and that #Evite brings people together- I just love that!
Creating Your Own Golden Themed Baby Shower:
If you would like to create your very own gold themed baby shower, here are some tips – all inspired by my gold themed mood board and the Evite invitation:
- Use gold balloons as part of the party décor- if you can’t find gold balloons, consider purchasing white ones and painting the bottom part gold- instant glam!
- How adorable and chic is this golden garland?! To make your own garland, simply cut out golden circles and any other colored circle of your choice (love the mint green here) and string them together- ta da!
- Looking for a simple and stunning center piece for your baby shower? I love this gold mason jar with flowers , and it’s simple to recreate with a bit of spray paint, glue, and some glitter! Again, I’m loving the mint green here, but you can replace the color with any other color of your choice.
- Not a big fan of cake? How about a chocolate dessert that’s simple and yummy!!!! I love this chocolate tower , especially with the ribbon detail! You could easily make this yourself by gluing the bottom wrapper of the chocolates onto a Styrofoam base in the shape of a cone.
- If you want to add that personal touch to your cupcakes for the baby shower, then try using cup cake toppers. These golden cup cake toppers are super cute- all you need to make them are some wooden sticks, some paper, glue, and some pretty golden glitter.
- Looking for something special to place your utensils in during the event? These golden jars are perfect! Just take any jar you have, glue the bottom edge of the jar (you can use Mod Podge), and sprinkle the glitter on the glued area- voila! If you don’t want to fuss with glue, just take some gold glitter Washi tape and wrap that around the bottom of the jar- you’re welcome!
- Okay, seriously- how CUTE are these drinking bottles for beverages?!?! If you want your guests sipping milk or juice out of these pretty golden themed bottles, then all you have to do is use the method described above for the utensil jars, but instead of gluing the bottom of the jar, you would have to place the glue in the center and create a heart shape with the glue, and then add the glitter- Don’t forge to use some Washi tape around the straws!
I hope I have inspired you to create your own gold themed baby shower, either for yourself or for a special mama in your life <3
***I’m ending this post with some exciting news- EVITE has given The Muslimah Mommy followers an exclusive promo code for 15 Free Thank You Cards, just use the promo code SZTHANKYOU15 (good through 11/30/15) on their website! ***
This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of the South Asian Bloggers Network for Evite and I have received compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.